Based at TRC – Roseland Business Park, Long Bennington, Lincs, NG23 5FF
Our company is currently undergoing the next stage of growth, and we are seeking an Electrical Engineer for the Engineering Department. This role will have the responsibility for all electrical fabrication work for both product deployment and R&D project work streams.
Candidates should have a passion for their field, and be keen to acquire new knowledge and experience in the technology sector. As part of the Engineering Department, you will be exposed to the full lifecycle of multiple research and development projects for both external clients, and internal delivery teams. Your work will be instrumental in the creation of novel prototype devices and next-generation industrial technologies.
Day-to-day responsibilities include all electrical aspects of prototype development, including panel building, machine wiring, electrical maintenance and diagnostics, in addition to supporting the wider research and commercial tasks of the company. This will include working closely with both the Science and Software & Computation Departments and will require occasional travel both within the UK and abroad.
- Select and source electrical parts and components
- Layout and wiring of electrical panels and control systems
- Solve control systems issues (fault-finding), working with other technical specialists as necessary.
- Continuity and insulation resistance testing of electrical panels and machines (including PAT testing)
- On-site and internal installation and commissioning
Essential Knowledge & Skills:
- Panel and machine wiring
- Hardware integration and fault-finding
- Continuity and insulation testing
- Basic fitting as required
- Compliance with machine safety regulations and directives
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
- BS7671 – 18TH Edition
- Design of electrical panels and associated hardware
- Design and assembly of micro-controller/PLC/PCB based instrumentation and control electronics
- PLC programming (AB, Siemens, etc.)
- Creation of electrical specifications for clients and internal stakeholders
- Risk assessment, H&S and first aid experience
Desired Education & Experience:
- Degree (Batchelor’s, HND, HNC, BTech, etc.) in related subject area
- 3 years’ or more experience in related industry